The Hotel Ponce de Leon, completed in 1888, was an exclusive resort built by millionaire developer and Standard oil co-founder Henry Flagler. The hotel was designed in the Spanish Renaissance style as the first major project of the New York architecture firm Carrere and Hastings, which would go on to gain world renown. The hotel was the first of its kind constructed entirely of poured concrete, using the local coquina stone as aggregate. The hotel was one of the first buildings in the country wired for electricity, with the power being supplied by generators installed by Flagler's friend, Thomas Edison. It contains the world’s largest stationary collection of Tiffany stained glass. The original building and grounds of the hotel are today a part of Flagler College and are open during regularly scheduled tours.