Union Station Celebrates a Fully Restored Main Hall with New Exhibitions and Reception
Historic space is now unobstructed as originally designed for the first time in more than 60 years
What: The National Trust for Historic Preservation (NTHP), Ashkenazy Acquisition Corporation and Union Station Redevelopment Corporation (USRC) will host a private reception for special guests and invited media to celebrate the station’s Main Hall and its restored splendor. Two exhibits on Union Station featuring historic photographs, touch screen technology and physical props will bring the station’s history into focus.
When: Thursday, October 13, 2016, 5:30 pm-8 pm
Where: 5:30-6:30 pm: History Exhibitions Open to Reception Guests
Union Station Main Hall
50 Massachusetts Ave. NE
6:30 pm- 7:10 pm: Speakers Program, Main Hall
- Barry Lustig, EVP, Ashkenazy Acquisitions Corp.
- Beverley Swaim-Staley, President and CEO, USRC
- Deputy Secretary Victor Mendez of Transportation
- Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton
- Stephanie Meeks, President and CEO, NTHP
- Tim McClimon, President, American Express Foundation
Media must RSVP to receive press credentials before the event.