Join a Special Twitter Chat with Stephanie Meeks on Modern + Recent Past Preservation
Modern and recent past buildings have been having a rough time of it lately:
- Prentice Women's Hospital in Chicago is being demolished after a lengthy battle to save it.
- The Houston Astrodome faces an uncertain future after a ballot initiative to transform it into a state-of-the-art convention center failed.
- Architecture critics from Los Angeles to Boston are talking about Modernism and asking if it has reached its "Penn Station Moment" -- or if the Astrodome outcome means that's not even possible.
It's not enough for just us to be having the conversation, though. We also want to hear from you about Modernism. So we're hosting a Twitter chat with Stephanie Meeks (@SavePlacesPres) on Tuesday, December 17 from 3:30-4:30 EST.
The chat, which will be held on the hashtag #AskSavePlacesPres, will be informal, so come prepared with your questions for Stephanie about our work on Modern and recent past projects, our move to the Watergate, and -- most importantly -- your feedback on how we can best help you in your work saving Modern places. Here's how to participate:
1. Sign in to Twitter, or into a chat-specific site such as TweetChat, tchat.io, or twubs.com. (Using a chat site allows you to filter just the chat-specific hashtag, and also appends it to any tweets you send, allowing for a more streamlined experience.)
2. Follow and tweet with the hashtag #AskSavePlacesPres.
Our hope is that this will be the first in a regular series of Twitter chats with Stephanie, so if you have suggestions for future conversations, please let us know in the comments!