John Marshall House
The John Marshall House, built in 1790 in the fashionable Court End neighborhood of Richmond, was the home of the Great Chief Justice for forty-five years. Known as "The Greatest Man Never to be President," John Marshall is credited with turning the Supreme Court into a powerful and respected branch of the U.S. Government. Listed on both the National and Virginia Historic Registers, the John Marshall House has undergone remarkably few changes since Marshall’s lifetime. The property remained in the Marshall family until 1911 and still contains the largest collection of Marshall family pieces, as well as Richmond Federal period furnishings. It is currently owned and operated by Preservation Virginia.
National Trust for Historic Preservation Member Discount
$1.00 off admission prices. May be combined with other offers (ie: General Admission $8 Senior Citizen admission $6 Senior Citizen Trust members $5).
Stay connected with us via email. Sign up today.
Your gift today will be put to immediate use, shaping the future of the places that matter.Join Us