Preservation is About People
We live our lives rooted in places. The house where we grew up. The historic Main Street where we shopped with our children. The storied halls of history where leaders forged our nation.
The National Trust for Historic Preservation proudly champions these places and the stories they tell. With people like you nationwide, we work to create a future built on the best of America’s past, one in which all Americans see their history reflected in the places around them.
We invite you to join us, and we are pleased to provide several recognition vehicles, described in more detail below, for our generous individual donors. Together, we are saving the past to enrich the future. Thank you for your support!
National Trust Council
The National Trust Council is the premiere donor recognition society of the National Trust. Council members provide critical philanthropic support to help the National Trust tell our shared American story through leadership annual support of $10,000 or more. Council donations support Trust operations, National Treasures, and Historic Sites across the nation. Gifts at this level confer donors with premium benefits, including:
- Recognition in National Trust publications and the annual Honor Roll of Donors at the highest level.
- Invitations to exclusive National Trust Council parties throughout the country.
- Exclusive access to behind-the-scenes tours with preservationists.
- The opportunity to travel twice annually to view the National Trust’s work on the ground in cities around the country.
Come together with other members who are making a commitment to preservation by making annual gifts of $1,000 or more. As dedicated stewards of our past, President’s Circle members help protect and celebrate our nation’s treasures. Join at the President’s Circle level and receive all the benefits of Preservation Council Leadership Membership, plus these special benefits:
- Exclusive President’s Circle communications featuring insider news about National Trust programs.
- Invitations to participate in conference calls and other events with senior National Trust staff.
- Special recognition in National Trust publications and at special events.
- A limited-edition pin available only to our President's Circle members.
The Chairman's Circle is a select group of donors who annually demonstrate their significant support of the National Trust by making unrestricted contributions of $5,000 or more within a fiscal year. Gifts at this level strengthen all aspects of the National Trust—from its education and advocacy programs, technical services, statewide partnerships, regional offices network and its excellent collection significant historic sites nationwide.
Chairman's Circle members also receive:
- Free or discounted admission to all National Trust Historic Sites and properties, as well as discounts at selected Historic Hotels of America and on National Trust merchandise.
- Eight (8) complimentary National Trust gift memberships. Gift members receive the full benefits of regular membership, including our award-winning Preservation magazine.
The Campaign for America’s National Treasures is a bold declaration that historic places matter. Help preserve the history that unites us.Join Us
National Treasures Stories
More than 12,000 years of history are written throughout the sacred landscape of Bears Ears National Monument in southeastern Utah. Tell your lawmakers to support the Bears Ears National Monument Expansion Act and protect this special place.Take Action