The National Preservation Awards, presented annually at the PastForward conference, are bestowed on distinguished individuals, nonprofit organizations, public agencies and corporations whose skill and determination have given new meaning to their communities through preservation of our architectural and cultural heritage. These efforts include citizen attempts to save and maintain important landmarks; companies and craftsmen whose work restores the richness of the past; the vision of public officials who support preservation projects and legislation in their communities; and educators and journalists who help Americans understand the value of preservation.
Special consideration will be given to nominations that notably advance one or more of the seven goals surfaced through the National Impact Agenda: Leading the Change Together.
Key Dates for 2023
- January 13, 2023: Nominations open
- February 24, 2023: Nomination deadline
- July 2023: Nominators and award recipients notified. The nominator will be notified for those not selected.
- November 8-10, 2023: The award ceremony is currently scheduled to take place at PastForward 2023 in Washington, D.C.
- Richard H. Driehaus Foundation National Preservation Awards
- Louise du Pont Crowninshield Award
- Emerging Leaders in Historic Preservation Award
- Trustees’ Award for Organizational Excellence
- Trustees Emeritus Award for Historic Site Stewardship
- National Trust/Advisory Council on Historic Preservation Award for Federal Partnerships in Historic Preservation
For More Information
Have questions? Email email@example.com. Or sign up to receive updates about the National Preservation Awards program.
National Preservation Awards Stories