Funding from the National Trust is awarded to nonprofit organizations and public agencies, and the majority of our funding is awarded for planning and education projects through our National Trust Preservation Funds grant program.
National Trust Preservation Funds
Grants from the National Trust Preservation Funds encourage preservation at the local level by providing seed money for preservation projects. Grants are awarded annually in three competitive rounds:
- February 1
- June 1
- October 1
For more information on this program, and to learn how to apply, please read about our guidelines and eligibility parameters.
Deadlines and Special Programs
In addition to the National Trust Preservation Funds, the National Trust operates a series of more specific funds with various deadlines throughout the year including:
- Bartus Trew Providence Preservation Fund - Eastern Shore of Maryland
- Battlefield Preservation Fund
- Cynthia Woods Mitchell Fund for Historic Interiors
- Emergency/Intervention Funding
- Hart Family Fund for Small Towns
- Henry A. Jordan, M.D., Preservation Excellence Fund - Mid-Atlantic States
- Johanna Favrot Fund for Historic Preservation
- Louis J. Appell, Jr., Preservation Fund for Central Pennsylvania
- Peter Grant Fund for Colorado
- Peter H. Brink Leadership Fund
- Southwest Intervention Fund- Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, West Texas
Funding for Rosenwald Schools
The National Trust, through its Rosenwald Schools Initiative, has a goal of saving Rosenwald Schools as vital hubs of community activity and revitalization.
Este Lugar Me Importa: Your donation will send much needed supplies to help the recovery efforts in Puerto Rico.Help Now