We are saving the history you know ... and the history you have yet to discover. These places connect and inspire us. They tell our shared American story. And, they need to be remembered, protected, and cherished—for ourselves, our nation, and each generation to come.
The Campaign for America’s National Treasures is a bold declaration that historic places matter. The stories of the people they represent matter. The inspiration they provide matters. United, we have the power to protect them and define a vision for our nation.
Donations from people like you make the work of the National Trust possible. Support our work today to save places that matter.Donate Today
The Campaign for America's National Treasures makes it possible for more people to live, work, worship, and play in vibrant places enriched by history.
We envision a nation in which:
- All people see their stories reflected in the places around us;
- The authentic character of our communities reminds us of the people we are and the people we aspire to be;
- We build on the best of America’s past with a sharp eye toward its future.
With these ideals in mind, we are making transformative investments in three crucial areas: Historic Sites, National Treasures, and ReUrbanism.
Through the generosity of our supporters, we will invest $200 million in the following areas:
- Historic Sites: We will invest $100 million to reimagine America’s historic sites and bring new life and vitality to the places where America’s history happened.
- National Treasures: We will invest $75 million in direct intervention to save imperiled historic places and tell a complete American story through the sites and landscapes we work to protect.
- ReUrbanism: We will invest $25 million to put America’s historic places to work to make America’s cities and towns healthier, more inclusive, and more resilient.
The Campaign for America’s National Treasures is a bold and joyful celebration of our nation, and the people, places, and stories that unite us across time and place. We invite you to join us.
“The National Trust for Historic Preservation serves all Americans by preserving the history that unites us. I am proud to support their work.”Mrs. Laura Bush, Honorary Chair, Campaign for America’s National Treasures