PastForward 2020: National Preservation Conference
PastForward, the National Preservation Conference, brings together a community of professionals and volunteers passionate about saving places, creating an unmatched opportunity to network, learn, and be inspired. The next conference will be held October 28-30, 2020, at the Hyatt Regency in Miami, Florida.
Combining both the practical and the aspirational, PastForward is the place to ask questions, share ideas, and push the envelope toward a wider and more effective preservation practice. Each year we not only build on conversations from previous conferences but also initiate new discussions about timely and relevant topics.
- TrustLive: Marquee presentations including a talk by thought leaders and new voices followed by a segment with additional topic experts contributing their ideas and experiences and engaging attendees.
- Field Studies: A first-hand look at local preservation projects, taking attendees into the community. They can be half- or full-day programs.
- Learning Labs: In-depth educational sessions (75 minutes) featuring industry thought leaders.
- Power Sessions: Quick, impactful overviews (30 minutes) of the pressing issues in preservation.
- Preservation Leadership Training Intensives: Day-long, skill-building trainings.
National Preservation Awards
The National Preservation Awards, including the Richard H. Driehaus Foundation National Preservation Awards, the American Express Aspire Award, and the Louise du Pont Crowninshield Award, presented annually at PastForward, are bestowed on distinguished individuals, nonprofit organizations, public agencies and corporations whose skill and determination have given new meaning to their communities through preservation of our architectural and cultural heritage. Learn more about the the full slate of awards and current deadlines on Preservation Leadership Forum.
Help us discover 1,000 places where American women have left their mark. Submit your place today.Learn More