National Preservation Conference
PastForward, the National Preservation Conference, is the premier educational and networking event for those in the business of saving places. The next conference will be held November 13-16 in San Francisco at the Hyatt Regency. If you can’t make it to San Francisco for PastForward, join us virtually.
Visit PastForwardConference.org to register today, and for complete conference details, including information on virtual attendance and special programming.
What's what at PastForward?
- TrustLive: Marquee presentations including a talk by thought leaders and new voices followed by a TalkBack segment with additional topic experts contributing their ideas and experiences and engaging attendees.
- Preservation Leadership Training Intensives: Day-long, skill-building trainings.
- Field Studies: A first-hand look at local preservation projects, taking attendees into the community. They can be half- or full-day programs.
- Learning Labs: In-depth educational sessions (75 minutes) featuring industry thought leaders.
- Power Sessions: Quick, impactful overviews (30 minutes) of the pressing issues in preservation.
Virtually Attend PastForward 2018
If you can't make it to San Francisco next week for the premier educational and networking event for those in the business of saving places, join us online. You can livestream select PastForward programming for FREE from your laptop, tablet, or mobile device—all you need is internet.
Sign up for updates and email reminders for the following virtual programming (all times in Pacific Time):
- TrustLive: Resilience–Wed., Nov. 14, 11:00 a.m.-Noon
- PastForward Welcome Address with the Richard H. Driehaus Foundation National Preservation Awards Presentation–Wed., Nov. 14 at 5:00 p.m.
- TrustLive: Historic Landscapes: the Culture-Nature Connection–Thurs., Nov. 15, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- TrustLive: Intangible Heritage–Fri., Nov. 16, 9:15-10:15 a.m.
- Closing Luncheon featuring the American Express Aspire Award and the Crowninshield Award–Fri., Nov. 16, Noon-1:30 p.m.
National Preservation Awards
The National Preservation Awards, including the the Richard H. Driehaus Foundation National Preservation Awards, the American Express Aspire Award, and the Louise du Pont Crowninshield Award, presented annually at the PastForward Conference, are bestowed on distinguished individuals, nonprofit organizations, public agencies and corporations whose skill and determination have given new meaning to their communities through preservation of our architectural and cultural heritage. Learn more about the the full slate of awards and current deadlines on Preservation Leadership Forum.
Videos from PastForward Conference 2017
Full recordings of videos from three TrustLive keynote talks at 2017's PastForward conference in Chicago are available on Preservation Leadership Forum.
From coast to coast, fascinating historic places are waiting for you to visit and explore.Begin Your Journey