Pollock-Krasner House and Study Center
Visit Pollock-Krasner House and Study CenterPlan Your Visit
The former home and studio of Jackson Pollock (1912-1956) and Lee Krasner (1908-1984) is a National Historic Landmark. On this property in the rural hamlet of Spring, East Hampton, New York, the two artists created their most celebrated paintings. It is open to the public by advance reservation from May through October. In the barn studio, where Pollock worked from 1946–56, documents many of his masterpieces, including "Autumn Rhythm," "Convergence," and "Blue Poles." Krasner used the studio from 1957 until her death, and the walls are covered in colors and gestures from her major works, including "Gaea," "Memory of Love," and "Portrait in Green." Their tools and materials are also displayed. Their home remains much as Krasner left it, with its original furnishings and personal possessions, as well as the artists’ library and phonograph record collection. One original Pollock painting and prints by both artists are on view. Changing exhibitions focus on artists of the New York School and the Eastern Long Island art community. The study center comprises an art reference library and archives, an oral history collection, and documentation of Pollock, Krasner, and their contemporaries. Visits from scholars, students, and other researchers are welcome, and artists of all disciplines are encouraged to respond creatively to the site.