The Willa Cather Foundation
Visit The Willa Cather FoundationPlan Your Visit
The National Willa Cather Center is an arts and cultural center that serves as a living memorial to renowned writer Willa Cather. Located in Cather’s childhood hometown of Red Cloud, Nebraska, the Center provides almost 20,000 square feet of space that includes a public museum, archive, research center, classroom, bookstore, art gallery, and performing arts center.
What you'll experience:
- Explore a new exhibit, American Bittersweet: The Life & Writing of Willa Cather.
- Conduct research in the Willa Cather Foundation's extensive archive.
- Tour Cather's childhood home and six additional historic sites related to her life and writing.
- Take in a performance or exhibit at the Red Cloud Opera House.
- Hike and picnic at the Willa Cather Memorial Prairie.
- Spend a relaxing evening at the Cather Second Home Guest House.
- Shop the National Willa Cather Center bookstore and gift shop.
Summer Hours (April 1–September 30): Monday–Friday: 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.; Saturday: 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.; Sunday: 1:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.