Distinctive Destinations

Rose Standish Nichols Bedroom

photo by: Nichols House Museum

Nichols House Museum

  • Address 55 Mount Vernon St.
    Boston, Massachusetts 02108
  • Hours
    11:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.

Visit Nichols House Museum

Plan Your Visit


The Nichols House Museum occupies an impressive, four-story town house, one of the earliest Beacon Hill structures attributed to Charles Bulfinch. In 1885, Dr. Arthur Nichols, Elizabeth Nichols, and their three daughters (Rose, Marian, and Margaret) moved into the house. The eldest daughter, Rose Standish Nichols, noted landscape architect, writer, and suffragist, eventually inherited the house. Nichols owned and cared for the house from 1935 until her death in 1960. Since 1961, the Nichols House has been open to the public as a historic house museum that reflects the domestic life of a typical early 20th-century family of Beacon Hill. The house is furnished with priceless possessions acquired over several generations.

See the Nichols House Museum website for winter hours.

Benefits for National Trust Members

2-for-1 Admission

Join the National Trust to enjoy a host of membership benefits.

Join Today