Saving Places with the National Trust Council
The National Trust Council is a community of leaders who are passionate about the history, stories, and places that connect us all as Americans. Through their generous philanthropic support of the National Trust for Historic Preservation, they are creating a stronger, more united future, one in which all people see their stories reflected through the places around them.
As members of the National Trust’s premier donor recognition society, Council members hold America’s cultural heritage among their highest philanthropic priorities with an annual commitment of $10,000 or more to the National Trust and America’s historic places.
- Opportunities to experience your support in action in communities across America through behind-the-scenes tours, invitation-only events, and the National Trust Council Travel Program (past events include the annual Robert W. Wilson Preservation Philanthropist of the Year award ceremony and reception; an evening at the Apollo Theater celebrating the African American Cultural Heritage Action Fund with Darren Walker, Phylicia Rashad and Wynton Marsalis; and special tours and receptions during the Annual Winter Show at the Park Avenue Armory.)
- Insider communications and updates from National Trust leadership on the latest news about National Trust programs and priorities.
- Invitations to participate in webinars, presentations, and virtual gatherings with fellow Council members, as well as executives, experts, and senior staff from across the National Trust.
- Listing in, and access to, the National Trust Council Directory.
- Recognition in National Trust publications and the annual Honor Roll of Donors.
Why Council Members Give
- “Living out my passion for preservation” – Randy Bryant, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- “Feeling part of something larger” – Sheffield Hale, Atlanta, Georgia
- "Sharing our love for America’s heritage” – Isabel and Peter Malkin, New York, New York
- “Experiencing the power of place” – Gray and Sam Dixon, Edenton, North Carolina
- “Making a difference in the world” – Ken Woodcock, Washington, DC
- “Seeing the impact of my support” – Camille Strachan, New Orleans, Louisiana
Join the National Trust Council Today
The National Trust Council is a community of leaders who are passionate about the history, stories, and places that connect us all as Americans.
- Allie Yeilding
Associate Director of Donor Engagement
About the National Trust Council Travel Program
National Trust Council members can experience the impact of their support firsthand with front row seat to some of the best preservation in America through the National Trust Council Travel Program, offering behind-the-scenes access and rare, curated experiences alongside executive leadership and experts from the National Trust to world-renowned museums, cultural sites and icons, and private homes and collections on 2-3 trips each year to historic destinations across the United States.
Traveling with fellow Council members builds personal connections among a dedicated community of supporters with enduring memories and friendships that last a lifetime.
Past events and activities during these weekends have included:
- Bowling at one of the earliest bowling lanes in the United States, shortly after its restoration, at the Lyndhurst National Trust Historic Site in Tarrytown, New York.
- A guided tour of the Mississippi Delta with author, professor, and scholar William Ferris.
- A private dinner with Presidential Historian Michael Beschloss at the beautifully restored Grey Barn and Farm on Martha’s Vineyard.
- A tour of Bruckheimer Studios with author, fellow Council member, and National Trust Trustee Emerita Linda Bruckheimer.
- An exclusive lunch with visionary businessman and philanthropist David Rubenstein at The Dunes Club, a historic private beach club in Narragansett, Rhode Island.
- Celebrating the National Trust for Historic Preservation's 75th birthday at Philip Johnson's Glass House.
Join us in protecting and restoring places where significant African American history happened.Learn More