Preservation is About People
We live our lives rooted in places. The house where we grew up. The historic Main Street where we shopped with our children. The storied halls of history where leaders forged our nation.
The National Trust for Historic Preservation proudly champions these places and the stories they tell. With people like you nationwide, we work to create a future built on the best of America’s past, one in which all Americans see their history reflected in the places around them.
We invite you to join us, and we are pleased to provide several recognition vehicles, described in more detail below, for our generous individual donors. Together, we are saving the past to enrich the future. Thank you for your support!
The Campaign for America’s National Treasures is a bold declaration that historic places matter. Help preserve the history that unites us.Join Us
Come together with other members who are making a commitment to preservation by making annual gifts of $1,000 or more. As dedicated stewards of our past, President’s Circle members help protect and celebrate our nation’s treasures. Join at the President’s Circle level and receive all the benefits of Preservation Council Leadership Membership, plus these special benefits:
- Exclusive President’s Circle communications featuring insider news about National Trust programs.
- Invitations to participate in conference calls and other events with senior National Trust staff.
- Special recognition in National Trust publications and at special events.
- A limited-edition pin available only to our President's Circle members.
The Chairman's Circle is a select group of donors who annually demonstrate their significant support of the National Trust by making unrestricted contributions of $5,000 or more within a fiscal year. Gifts at this level strengthen all aspects of the National Trust—from its education and advocacy programs, technical services, statewide partnerships, regional offices network and its excellent collection significant historic sites nationwide.
Chairman's Circle members also receive:
- Free or discounted admission to all National Trust Historic Sites and properties, as well as discounts at selected Historic Hotels of America and on National Trust merchandise.
- Eight (8) complimentary National Trust gift memberships. Gift members receive the full benefits of regular membership, including our award-winning Preservation magazine.
National Trust Council
The National Trust Council is the premiere donor recognition society of the National Trust. Council members provide critical philanthropic support to help the National Trust tell our shared American story through leadership annual support of $10,000 or more. Council donations support Trust operations, National Treasures, and Historic Sites across the nation. Gifts at this level confer donors with premium benefits, including:
- Recognition in National Trust publications and the annual Honor Roll of Donors at the highest level.
- Invitations to exclusive National Trust Council parties throughout the country.
- Exclusive access to behind-the-scenes tours with preservationists.
- The opportunity to travel twice annually to view the National Trust’s work on the ground in cities around the country.
Protect the past by remembering the National Trust in your will or estate plan. Regardless of where you are in planning your estate, making a bequest is simple with any of the options below.
The most popular legacy gift to support the preservation work of the National Trust is a bequest in a member’s will or trust. Bequests allow donors to focus on current financial obligations, while also providing critical support to future preservation efforts. A gift in your will may be a gift of a specific dollar amount or a percentage of your estate.
Charitable Gift Annuities
Give a gift that gives back. Gift Annuities are simple contracts between the donor and the National Trust. You transfer cash or appreciated securities in exchange for fixed income payments for life. You may also qualify for an income tax deduction and, most importantly, your gift will support preservation efforts across the country.
Donate residential, commercial or undeveloped real estate and provide support for preservation efforts across the country while saving on taxes and reducing responsibilities associated with property ownership. You can donate your property outright, or you can give the title of your home now and retain the right to live there for your lifetime. To learn more about giving a gift of real estate, contact us.
Did you know that you can make the National Trust a beneficiary of your retirement plan? Leaving all or part of your retirement plan to charity dramatically lowers future taxes and can diminish income and estate taxes that can consume your account.
Our philanthropy team is eager to speak with you about how your giving can advance the mission and goals of the National Trust for Historic Preservation and help save historic places and communities nationwide. You can reach us here:
National Treasures Stories
Donations from people like you make the work of the National Trust possible. Support our work today to save places that matter.Donate Today