Mount Clare Museum House
Baltimore's oldest Georgian mansion, Mount Clare was built by Charles Carroll, starting in 1756, as a summer residence at Georgia Plantation. Named for Carroll's grandmother and sister, the house was built from soft pink brick and designed to rival the great homes of Baltimore. Stewarded by the National Society of the Colonial Dames of America in the State of Maryland since 1917, the house is furnished with one of America's most important collections of furniture and decorative arts. Stories of life, labor and commerce of over 250 years are told at this historic site.
Stay connected with us via email. Sign up today.
Speak up for Route 66! Join the National Trust in supporting a National Historic Trail designation for Route 66.Sign the Petition