National Register Guide, Episode 10: Your State as a Resource
As fantastic as it is, the National Register of Historic Places can get a little confusing -- even for a seasoned pro. But fear not, because the PreservationNation blog has teamed up with Jim Gabbert, a historian with the National Park Service, to create our National Register Guide.
Episode Nine of our National Register of Historic Places Guide shared how to evaluate the historic integrity of a site as it relates to its significance. Episode Ten explains what types of resources your state historic preservation office (SHPO) can provide to help you with your goal of completing a National Register nomination.
This episode answers specific questions such as:
- Can the SHPO help with my National Register nomination?
- What kind of information does a SHPO usually have?
- Are there any other ways a SHPO can help me complete the National Register nomination form?
- Does every SHPO have a process for helping with National Register nominations?
- Can I use any information already gathered by the SHPO on my National Register nomination form?
We hope you enjoy the show.
Special thanks to the President Woodrow Wilson House for filming accommodations.