National Register Guide, Episode 11: Additional Nomination Resources
As fantastic as it is, the National Register of Historic Places can get a little confusing -- even for a seasoned pro. But fear not, because the PreservationNation blog has teamed up with Jim Gabbert, a historian with the National Park Service, to create our National Register Guide.
Episode 10 of our National Register of Historic Places Guide explained what types of resources your state historic preservation office (SHPO) can provide to help you with your goal of completing a National Register nomination. Episode 11 explores other resources that can help you assemble and organize the information you need to make a National Register listing a reality.
This episode answers specific questions such as:
- What kind of National Register guidance does the National Park Service (NPS) provide?
- Does NPS provide tips for listing specific types of properties?
- Can I call NPS for help?
- What kinds of local-level resources might exist that can help with my nomination?
- What kinds of state-level resources might exist that can help with my nomination?
- What kinds of national-level resources might exist that can help with my nomination?
- Can I hire someone to do my nomination for me?