National Register Guide, Episode 2: The Function of the National Register
As fantastic as it is, the National Register of Historic Places can get a little confusing -- even for a seasoned pro. But fear not, because the PreservationNation blog has teamed up with Jim Gabbert, a historian with the National Park Service, to create our National Register of Historic Places Guide.
Episode Two dives just a little deeper to explore the true function of the National Register. This episode answers questions like:
• What is the purpose of the National Register?
• What does being listed on the National Register mean for the average property owner?
• What does being listed on the National Register mean for a property?
• What are the benefits of being listed on the National Register?
• Does being listed on the National Register qualify a property for grants or tax credits?
• Does being listed on the National Register protect a property from demolition?
We hope you enjoy the show.
Special thanks to the President Woodrow Wilson House for filming accommodations.