Thank You for Caring About America’s Historic Places!
In this year of physical distancing, generous support from friends like you kept Americans connected to cherished historic places.
With you, we:
- Created virtual tours, outdoor exhibitions, and new opportunities to access the landscapes at our 27 National Trust Historic Sites that are open to the public.
- Provided funding, tools, and resources—including a record-setting preservation conference, which drew representatives from cultural institutions worldwide—to help countless historic sites survive.
- Told a fuller American story through $1.6 million in African American Cultural Heritage Action Fund grants, a newly launched $1 million initiative to preserve the cultural legacy of Historically Black Colleges and Universities, and a landmark report on preservation’s potential as a tool for equitable development.
- Awarded more than $1 million in grant funding through our affiliate Main Street America directly to small businesses struggling to survive the economic implications of the coronavirus crisis.
- Secured a once-in-a-generation win for cultural landscapes and historic sites on lands held in trust for the American people.
- Uplifted and celebrated the contributions of diverse American women through the generations on the centennial of the 19th Amendment.
Together, we are preserving the courage, comfort, and inspiration of our heritage, for us and for future generations. Thank you for supporting the National Trust and America’s historic places!