Ways to Help the African American Cultural Heritage Action Fund
When you support the Action Fund, you stand with the Black community in honoring places of African American history. You help us create space for telling a fuller, richer American story. Thank you for committing to learning, listening, and acting on behalf of Black history.
Here’s how you can contribute to the Action Fund:
- Take the pledge. From the homes of icons including Nina Simone and Pauli Murray, to civil rights sites such as the A.G. Gaston Motel and Clayborn Temple, join our movement to protect and restore places where significant African American history happened.
- Share the story of a special place that has impacted your life, using the hashtag #TellTheFullStory.
- Look for places in your community where meaningful stories have been overlooked, and enlist the help of your local preservation organization to bring this history to life.
- Volunteer your expertise to help the work of the Action Fund.
- Start a fundraiser on Facebook. Make sure to include "African American Cultural Heritage Action Fund" in the title of your fundraiser so we can direct the donations.
- Join our efforts through a financial donation.
Support the African American Cultural Heritage Action Fund
The Action Fund marks a major step forward in how we save and sustain historic African American places. We invite you to join us.
Each year, America’s 11 Most Endangered Historic Places sheds light on important examples of our nation’s heritage that are at risk of destruction or irreparable damage.Find Out Who Is Listed