African American Cultural Heritage Action Fund - Advisory Council
These leaders in academia, arts, business, government, and preservation have answered our call to form an Advisory Council for the African American Cultural Heritage Action Fund.
- Darren Walker, President of the Ford Foundation, Co-Chair of Advisory Council
- Phylicia Rashad, Actor and director, Co-Chair of Advisory Council
- Dana Bourland, Vice President of the Environment Program at The JPB Foundation
- Randy Bryant, President & CEO, Ten Chimneys Foundation
- Dr. Lonnie Bunch, Secretary of the Smithsonian
- Susan Chapman-Hughes, Senior Vice President, Global Digital Capabilities, Transformation, and Operations, Global Commercial Services division, American Express
- Congressman James Enos Clyburn, elected in 1993 as the U.S. Representative for South Carolina's 6th Congressional District, Assistant Democratic Leader since 2011
- Ava DuVernay, Award-winning Producer, Director, and Screenwriter
- Dr. William Ferris, Joel R. Williamson Eminent Professor of History Emeritus, Senior Associate Director Emeritus, Center for Study of the American South, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Dr. Henry Louis Gates, Director of the Hutchins Center for African American Studies, Harvard University
- Irvin Henderson, President of Irvin M. Henderson & Co.
- Dr. Evelyn Brooks Higginbotham, Chairwoman of the Association for the Study of African American Life and History, Harvard University Professor
- Cathy Hughes, Founder and Chairperson of Radio One, Inc. (Urban One, Inc.)
- Sherrilyn Ifill, President and Director-Counsel, NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund
- Congresswoman Terrycina Andrea "Terri" Sewell, elected in 2010 as the U.S. Representative for Alabama's 7th Congressional District
- Robert Stanton, Former Director, National Park Service
- Bryan Stevenson, Director, Equal Justice Initiative
- Marita Rivero, President and CEO, Museum of African American History, Boston & Nantucket
- Alice Rosenwald, Principal and Former Co-Chair of the Board, American Holdings Securities Corporation; and President, Alice Rosenwald Fund
- Mtamanika Youngblood, President & CEO of Sweet Auburn Works
African American Cultural Heritage SitesView More
Join us for PastForward Online 2020, the historic preservation event of the year, October 27-30, 2020.Tell Me More!